Sunday, January 1, 2012

Zackery's Crash : (

JULY 2011

One of my top 2 hardest mom moments (the other was Cameron's birth) was when Zack crashed on his bike. We were all getting ready to go for a bike ride/walk. I was getting the two youngest kids in the stroller and the other kids were getting their helmets on. Zack didn't have his shoes on yet. I told him to go put his shoes and helmet on. He went and hopped on his little bike. I heard him scream and I turned and saw him rolling down the driveway and onto the road (which was a hill). I took off running as fast as I could, but I wasn't fast enough. He couldn't stop. He crashed into a brick column mailbox... head first. He was concious and his head was only scraped up (no gaping wounds) so it wasn't bleeding much. But he was obviously hurting bad. We took him into instacare, but they sent us to the ER. While we were in the car he was dozing off and by the time we got there he was throwing up.

We spent the day in the ER so they could watch him. He had a broken arm, fractured skull, and concussion.


They didn't put a cast on right away. They wanted the swelling go down. Poor thing was pretty miserable on an off for the next week. He'd go back and forth from having headache and being tired to being loopy from the pain killers. It was sooo sad. Broke my heart to see him that way. They said he healed really good though and bounced back pretty quick.

 Poor think had a ton of swelling from his forhead wound, creating nice black eyes. : (


 He was pretty excited to get his neon green cast on.


He got it off about 4 weeks later. As you can see, it was filled with signatures from mom, dad, cousins, aunts, uncles, & grandparents.

Cast + summertime = sweeet tan lines ; )

I really think it was harder on me than him! He bounced back quick and was young enough than even now he really doesn't remember much, other than the basic facts that he crashed and got a 'cool' cast. I'm just soooo glad he was okay!!! Like I said... it was tied for Worst Mom Moment with the events of baby Cameron's birth. : (

No comments:

Post a Comment